Monday, November 26, 2007

I have terrible luck.

Just awful.

I got on the plane back to Chicago yesterday after a great Thanksgiving break. It was a lot of fun, I saw a lot of people and even got in a chilly ride with Mike and Bryan. Got on the plane, lines weren't too long, I was towards the front of the Southwest line. . . things were looking good. Got a window seat, took a nice long nap on the plane. Good times.

Got off the plane at Midway, went to baggage claim, and waited. And waited. And waited. The bag never showed. Which is just fantastic.

So now I am missing a few pairs or jeans (all but one actually, this pair I am wearing now and will be wearing until I get my bag back), all my favorite shirts, and my peacoat. Plus a ton of cycling gear - including my shoes, which means I can't ride at all, inside or on the trainer. And every piece of warm gear I have. Plus my team kit. Phone charger is in there too, so I have to conserve battery for the next few days. And my copy of the third season of Veronica Mars, which means no ogling Kristen Bell.

But most importantly, I am missing all my textbooks. And my notebooks. And all the cases for my Con Law project. This wouldn't be such a big deal but for the fact that finals are coming up and I have a shit ton of stuff to do. A SHIT TON. If, god forbid, this bag does not show up in time and my grade suffers because I have none of my study materials, I am going to bitchslap Southwest with a lawsuit. I'm not sure how I will sue because I got a B rather than an A or I missed the Dean's List, but I will find a way. And then I will retire on the money. This seems like a perfect solution to me.

In all seriousness, though, I am going to hit someone at Southwest if I don't get that bag tomorrow. I'll get on the train, I'll ride it for an hour and a half down to Midway, I will walk up to the Southwest counter, and I will slap the living hell out of someone at the desk. And then I will go home.

3 comments:

bryan said...

I thought this was going to be about how I dropped you on Sunday. Repeatedly.

But that really does suck about your bag. I'd flip the fook out if my shit got lost. Looks like you're getting close.

Sean said...

I decided to gloss over the dropping and all those unpleasantries. Call it an editorial decision.

munsoned said...

I hate flying. I've never lost a bag, but I don't fly that often. Probably a total of 8 times in my life. I'm just waiting for teleportation to come around. Then I'll travel places.

Hope your bags arrive soon. Yeah, you lost your wallet and your bags. Is your sanity next?