Thursday, April 24, 2008

I am exhausted.

I've been up since 8:15am on Tuesday and I haven't slept at all. It is a miracle that I still somehow functioning. Though I did just sleepwalk through my investigative piece that's due today. We were supposed to work on it this whole semester. I did mine in two days.

This paper is not very good. Not only that, it's pretty bad. And this is the only time I have ever turned in a paper of which I am embarrassed. It's probably a C+ paper and I know it.

Thankfully I've already written of the grade I'm getting in this class. The rest are As, so I'll be okay with a B(-) in there.

I'm getting intensely excited for this race. Unbelievably excited. Every time I think about it or I watch something cycling-related on the computer, my heart rate skyrockets. That could be the 36mg of Concerta coursing through my veins, but I don't think so. It's just pure, unadulterated adrenaline.

Too bad I'm slow. But I'm not going to let that get in my way. I'm going to kick as much ass as I can this weekend and see what happens.

Oh, and if I somehow feel great and ride well, I think I might do Joe Martin. Just thinking about it right now.

11 comments:

bryan said...

here's some good news: I won't be stinking up your spare jersey. I had mine fixed. It's awesome now. OK, it's adequate now, which is better than non-functioning.

munsoned said...

Good luck to you both and have a great time. No matter what the outcome, enjoy the thrill of getting out there and "digging into the cauldron of pain." I do miss racing. I kinda wish I could tag along just to watch you guys.

Joe Martin is also an amazing experience. You get to see, first hand, how domestic pros live. That race is like their every weekend and watching them duke it out on that crit course is really humbling. I was there to witness Health Net send their B squad and own the field. Good stuff.

bryan said...

wait, there's going to be a cauldron of pain? Nobody told me about any cauldrons of pain! Do I need a shovel for the digging, or will Sean's seat post suffice?

Sean said...

Can I dig into the cauldron of pain WHILE I reach into my suitcase of courage?

bryan said...

That seems dangerous. I'm assuming you'll be dancing on the pedals at the same time?

Sean said...

Well, of course. And we'll be in a very elite group at the time.

bryan said...

I hope all of the heads of state are there. I want to get some autographs before I get put in a spot of bother.

Sean said...

The elastic is stretching...

THE ELASTIC HAS SNAPPED! He's blown up the Old Capital Criterium!

bryan said...

put off studying long enough to give us the Iowa City report you know you want to write.

bryan said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog. That means you have to write something. ha.

How do i get to my old stuff said...

Let me know if you're headed to Joe Martin. I believe there will be an extra seat or two in the vic.
sydney dot e dot brown at gmail dot com