Saturday, September 8, 2007

So maybe it's been a while since my last post.

A lot has happened, though - moved up to Cat IV, then shattered a collarbone on a training ride. It displaced into my trapezius muscle and I had to have surgery to fix it. I haven't been on a bike since.

Moved back to Chicago for school, so I'm back in the land of shitty team rides and totally flat bike paths. I suppose that's good, because of the base mileage I have to put in and the fitness I have to regain, but still. I get bored easily.

On the other hand, I had been thinking about upgrading to nicer handlebars for a while, and when I crashed, I busted my old ones. So now I've got a sweet new FSA Wing Pro alloy bar on, which I already love. Jason at Bike Masters replaced my old sparkling white tape with some 70's throwback red-black-and-white speckled stuff. It's interesting, and it's growing on me. At first I hated it, but now I love it.

Got a new front wheel too. I crushed the old wheel so badly that the tube won't come out. I smashed the valve stem into the rim. It's pretty ugly.

I have never been so eager to get back on a bike in my entire life. It puts me in almost physical pain to see my Tarmac lounging in my room gathering dust. I should be back up soon, though - once I get into physical therapy again, I'll be out on the roads. I have to get a new helmet, too, I shattered the old Atmos. Which is too bad, becuase I got that thing for EP, and I don't know if I'll be able to get another one that cheap. Oh well. Brian and I are in the same boat here.

More later, along with some pictures, once I find out how this thing works. In the mean time, check out these gruesome shots.

2 comments:

bryan said...

you should post more. I need to be entertained.

Sean said...

Will do.