Thursday, September 20, 2007

Three hours in the saddle today.

And what a glorious three hours it was. Well, I did make the mistake of eating a large burrito about an hour before hitting the path, so I felt like I was about three watts of output away from ralphing for the whole ride. Other than that, it was awesome. Three hours might not seem like much, but I've only done about half a dozen rides, so it's a big deal that I can now easily spend a couple hours in the saddle riding hard.

And I didn't realize how much I missed the familiar tingle of chamois cream.

6 comments:

bryan said...

Marco says you're not supposed to get faster than me until AFTER next year. Since I'm old and everything, he wants me to experience some glory before my bones turn to dust. You can reign supreme for the next 20 years.

If you don't crash. Again.

So, per Marco's orders: stop riding so much.

Sean said...

I don't think you need to worry so much, you've got a pretty good head start.

Plus, if history is any indicator, I can only get through half a season at a time.

bryan said...

yeah, but you also have 10 years on me. I'm old. And I feel it some days.

Sean said...

I'll be your George Hincapie.

bryan said...

I'd settle for you being my Triki Beltran.

Sean said...

Ooh, it is a better nickname...