Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's cold.

It was like 70 yesterday, and then I wake up to a frost advisory this morning. Awesome.

I turned in my last midterm today, which means I have more time to ride and I won't be pulling two all nighters a week anymore. On the plus side, the lowest grade I've gotten in any class this semester is a 93. I own the fucking Dean's List.

I ran into a guy on the bike path today who told me he was a big Stuart O'Grady fan. Such a fan that he bought a Dura-Ace equipped Cervelo Soloist Carbon rolling on some Zipp 404 tubulars. And a full CSC kit to match. And when I say full kit, I mean full kit: not just jersey and bibs, but a hat, socks, Bell helmet, gloves, arm and leg warmers, and even shoe covers. He's Australian, so he decided to take advantage of the weak American dollar and buy a ton of stuff. God it was awesome.

Oh, and he looked exactly like Robbie McEwan.

3 comments:

bryan said...

I'll be going full Discovery Channel today. Or maybe retro USPS ... hmmm ...

Sean said...

I went all black today. And almost completely Pearl Izumi. Black PI socks, arm/knee warmers, and hat, black shorts, black Craft baselayer and a black PI jersey. I felt like such a badass, but then I remembered I had a borrowed gray and yellow helmet on.

bryan said...

I ended up going full Kaos. I even wore my white helmet. I'm a tool.