Friday, January 11, 2008

I am a terrible blogger.

Really, I never update this thing. Sorry guys. I'm pretty sure only three or maybe four people read this thing anyway.

Very successful trip to Santa Barbara. The last time I was there I was recently post-op, so I couldn't bring my bike. Or swim. And since there was a fire near SB, the fire department had to give special instructions on evacuations to the disabled...including me. Which was great. But this time, I was on pretty good shape, I had the new Tarmac, and I had just installed the new Dura-Ace shift levers and Phil Wood bottom bracket. I rode about 3 hours a day and even did La Cumbre Peak. It's 4,000 feet up and you start at the beach. I don't have a Garmin or anything, but someone who does said you climb about 5,000 feet in total if you start from the beach. In 12 miles. It's awesome. At the steepest pitch (about a 15% for something like half a mile, and at the TOP), I was in my easiest gear with a cadence of 64. It was fun.

Since then, I've only ridden about 5 miles. So I wasted all that fitness. Oh well. Riding with Bryan tomorrow, so hopefully I'll do better on that ride than on previous ones. Bryan and/or Munson have dragged me back home a few times lately.

1 comment:

bryan said...

Mike's coming, too. Gonna have us a throw-down.