Saturday, December 1, 2007

Good news!

Went down to my local bike shop today and guess what? They gave me some new shoes. For free. And not even shitty shoes - they're Specialized BG Comps from two years ago. So they don't have a ratchet on them, just two Velcro straps. And they're half a size too big (46, I wear a 45.5). But it's winter riding anyway, so it's not a big deal, and I'm getting new Shimano shoes in a few months. Gave me some SPD-SL cleats that were returned, too, so I paid a total of 30 bucks for shoes, cleats, and some CO2. I love those guys.

Oh, and I got the new Ionos for 40 bucks off. Still prohibitively expensive, but a little better. It's the most comfortable thing I've ever worn. I'll put up some pictures at some point, but right now I have a 12 page opinion to write for con law. It's about the statutory interpretation issues in Logan v. US. Look it up, you'll love it. It's a good light read.

3 comments:

bryan said...

Are you getting the heat-molded Shimanos? If so, I think that means you're a fancy boy.

Sean said...

Me? Fancy boy?

Yeah, sounds about right.

brady said...

You'll truly be a fancy boy when you get johnnysprockets to pony up a skin suit with the ass-flaps like Bryan's. Gratis, of course. Ah yes, very nice!